Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Saturday Night at the Nerve Centre

Saturday night was a blast at the Nerve Centre: went on at 10pm to about 12 people and warmed things up a little until Dexter and Arsenio came on about 10.35 (lovely guys nice sense of humour), they cut things up nicely as the crowd poured in and by the time they finished to great applause just after 12 there was over 250 in. Erol alkan kicked right in and banged it big style which seemed to please the fairly young and male crowd. He is a nice bloke and a very good dj, but sure everyone knows that! Meanwhile I had transferred my big bag of cds and records to the back room where Jinksy of DFF had whipped up a storm. I kept it soulful and beaty and had fun although the Puppini Sisters really confused them!! Pepsi took the graveyard shift after me which considering the bar in the room had now closed and Erol was rocking the show next door was hard work but he played a very good set. By the close of play I'd say there was about 500 peeps overall. We then partied ( a music biz euphemism for talking rubbish..) backstage with stewarty et al until transferring to a party over the Waterside where I drank coffee in the kitchen!... it goes hazy then but cheers to everyone for a great night and their wonderful hospitality. I took my camera and forgot to get any shots whatsoever...

No comments: